- Presentation by State of Massachusetts Animal Response Team (SMART), October 2014: Emergency Preparedness for shelters, rescues and municipal animal control facilities in Mass.
- Memorandum of understanding (MOU) template
- Senate Bill 1172 (signed by the Governor on March 24, 2014)
- MAC disaster relief grant application
- State of Massachusetts Animal Response Team (SMART). Statewide umbrella organization for animals disaster response.
Useful links to help you create a plan for your own pets – AND for your organization:
And here is the FEMA link to the Incident Command System courses that you will be required to take in order to respond for most response teams:
Ready.gov/publications has many helpful documents, including:
MSPCA has a Disaster Preparedness page:
ASPCApro.org offers the following links:
- Emergency Preparedness Guide for Pet Owners
- Disaster Preparedness Guide
- Sample plans for Evacuation and Sheltering
MA Responds is an online registration system for public health, health care, and emergency response volunteers:
American Veterinary Medical Association has a “Preparedness for Pet Owners” page:
Disaster Recovery Journal is a good resource for risk management for organizations: