MAC's 2023 License Plate Grant Program Details
The 2023 grant cycle has begun! Applications are due by April 1, 2023.
For more information about the License Plate Grant Program, please click here.
Please bear in mind that it is important for grant applicants to be sure they can secure spay/neuter surgeries for the animals they intend to assist.
How to Apply for
MAC's 2023 License Plate Grant Program Grant:
- Your application for funding will be through an online form and you will be asked to upload your organization’s IRS 990/990EZ/990-N (if you file one).
- Only applications submitted online with all required documents by the deadline of April 1, 2023 will be considered for funding.
- All applicants are required to agree to Terms and Conditions of the grant as a section in the application form. Click here to see the Terms and Conditions.
- Note that MAC reserves the right to request detailed spending information and documentation from award recipients at any point during or after the grant cycle. While we are not requiring a final tracking log to be submitted to us, we may request details of how the money has been spent on behalf of the animals that are served. We are providing a sample tracking log (hyperlink below) that can be used for this purpose. But you may use any tracking system you desire to organize your information, as long as you can provide similar detailed information should it be requested from you. Note that to use the sample log, you must download and make a copy of the log before inputting your organization’s data.
Tips for Completing the Online Application:
- We recommend you review the application in advance, collect necessary information and prepare your narrative submission before beginning the form. You can save your input and add to or edit it as needed.
- We require an explanation for how you will use the funds. Please provide this information in a short narrative (it is ok to use bullet points). The form will accept a maximum of 3,000 characters. It might be easiest to write your narrative in Microsoft Word, where you can select the Review tab and click on Character Count. You can copy and paste the final narrative from Word into the designated section on the application.
- Applications are due April 1, 2023.
- Grant determinations will be made during May 2023.
- Checks will be sent out in June 2023.
- The deadline for spending the grant funds on spay/neuter surgeries is December 31, 2023.
- The final report is due January 15, 2024. Failure to submit reports by the due date will disqualify you from future grants. There will be no exceptions. Please review this report prior to submitting an application so that you understand what is required of your organization.
Ways to Promote the Spay/Neuter License Plate
Each Spay/Neuter License Plate on the road contributes funding for spay/neuter grants for organizations like yours. Help us grow this important funding source!
- To promote the sale of the license plate, please consider putting promotional flyers in your adoption packets, on your walls, in town, and anywhere animal lovers might be. You can request these materials by filling out the form linked in the button below. Thank you for any help you can provide!
- If you would like to print your own flyers, just let us know and we can send you the document!
- Reach out to local media outlets and let them know how your organization is helping animals in their community using the Press Release Template below.
- Let people know how they can get their very own Spay/Neuter License Plate by posting the following on social media or your website
- Share these super cute videos feauring the License Plate on your social media pages!