THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED! View the presentations.
The MAC annual meeting scheduled for Oct 26, 2014 at the Cummings School for Veterinary Medicine at Tufts in Grafton, MA.
WHEN TO REGISTER:
- Member registration: Register below. Cost is $15.
- Non-member registration: Register below. Cost is $25.
The meeting promises to be a popular one! Join or renew your MAC membership now in order to receive priority meeting registration and be able to register today.
9:00 to 9:30 Light breakfast and coffee/tea
9:30 Meeting will start
Noonish Lunch (vegetarian and vegan)
2:30 Meeting will end
The meeting topic is “The Never Ending Conversation: Animal Transport.” The following guests will speak briefly on specific topics:
- Julie Jacobson from Spay Tennessee, who will educate us about the plight of animals in the South. We can learn, discuss and think about what our obligations are to try and help animals in the South. This promises to be an enlightening conversation! (Learn about Julie’s work at www.spaytennessee.org)
- Jocelyne Durrenberger from CaRMaH (Cat Rescue of Marlborough and Hudson), who will share her perspective about the state of ferals and friendlies in Central MA and what cat importation means to MA organizations.
- Raymond Connors, Supervisor, CT Animal Control Division, will discuss what led the state of CT to create laws regulating the importation of animals into their state.
And then we will have a big discussion! We will address issues including how the history of dog importation informs how we handle cat importation; what the role of Northern organizations should be; and the ethical, moral and humane aspects of transport. And more!
We will be celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the “I’m Animal Friendly” License Plate so leave room for cake and bring mad money for some fun raffles. For more information generally about MAC meetings (including directions), visit our meeting page.
If your organization is a MAC member, there may be free meeting passes available to your organization as a membership benefit. Thanks to our generous sponsors we may have a limited number of free passes to the meeting available to persons not able to pay the meeting fee. Please email us at [email protected] for information on using org or sponsor passes.
Please note that the meeting will be held in a new location for some of you – the Agnes Varis Campus Center Auditorium. If you have attended the veterinary track sessions at MAC’s Whole Cat Workshop in the recent past you may have been to this building. This is the building with the student cafeteria in it, too. The link to the map will show you where the Agnes Varis Campus Center Auditorium is. It is the letter “O” on the map: http://www.tufts.edu/vet/tcsvm_campus_map.pdf