Pet Owners – Useful Links
Resources for Pet Food Locally
- Bay State Animal Cooperative – For Norwood and neighboring towns – Pet Food Swaps at 45 Windsor Road in Norwood. For more information click here.
- Lowell Humane Society Pet Food Pantry for dogs and cats – open to all who need it by appointment only. For more information click here.
General COVID-19 Information
- ASPCA – Coronavirus: Keeping Your Pets Safe During the COVID-19 Crisis
- American Veterinary Medical Association – COVID-19: FAQs FOR PET OWNERS
- Animal Rescue League of Boston – Cleaning Products and Our Pets
- Animal Rescue League of Boston – Keeping Pets Occupied While Working Remotely
- Free Veterinary Consultations from Best Friends – From Best Friends Facebook Page: “As concerns grow surrounding COVID-19 and the impact it will have on our country, Best Friends is offering FREE veterinary consultations to those unable to leave their house (be it for quarantine or safety concerns — be safe!) through our Best Friends Vet Access app when you use the code BFHELPS.
Download the app for free here: bestfriends.org/best-friends-vet-access
Calls can be recorded for your records, and the service will be offered 24 hours a day. If you are in need of assistance for your pet, please take advantage of this temporarily free service.”
What can you do to help animal shelters?
Interested in Adoption? Check out what local shelters are doing.
Animal Welfare Community
Weekly Zoom Calls
Weekly Covid-19 town hall hosted by Stacy Lebaron
Information from Stacey:
- On Thursdays at noon, I am hosting a zoom call for all animal welfare organizations in the area to come together and discuss concerns and best practices for handling this situation with regards to the corona virus.
- Please feel free to join me on Thursdays so we can better understand the challenges ahead.
- Feel free to share with others. Below are the sign in details. Feel free to email me with any questions.
- Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/543877659590391/
- Stacy LeBaron is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Massachusetts Animal Welfare Zoom Meeting
Time: Mar 26, 2020 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) & Thursdays going forward
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 454 825 6521
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,4548256521# US (New York)
Maddie’s Fund – Weekly COVID-19 Calls
- You’re invited: Weekly Zoom call to talk about emerging issues, get advice and hear updates.
- Who: Animal shelter professionals at every level, paid or unpaid
- When: Monday mornings (starting this Monday and continuing once a week) at 7 a.m. PST/10 a.m. EST
- Where: Maddie’s Fund Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/607482466
- Why: Because talking helps us come up with brilliant ideas, feel more supported and less isolated, gives us information about things that are working, and helps us deal with the emerging waves of crises that are part of our daily lives.
NOTE: Calendar invites will NOT be sent. Take the zoom link and put it in your own calendar for every Monday at 7 a.m. PST for the next two months. That way, you’ll always remember!
- CDC – Animals and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- HSUS’S Animalsheltering.org – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Shelter Kit
- Best Friends – COVID-19 Resources for Animal Shelters and Rescue Groups
- Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Program – NEW: Important COVID-19 information for animal shelters
- Maddie’s Fund – COVID-19 and Emergency Foster Care Resources
- AniMatch Facebook Group – Local Updates & National Information
- Facebook Group – American Pets Alive! Shelter and Rescue Support
- UC Davis Koret Shelter Medicine Program – Animal Services’ Role in COVID-19 Support
- Hearts Speak – Communications & Marketing Guide For Shelters, Amid COVID-19
- The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement – 5 Things Animal Shelters And Rescues Can Do Together To Minimize Shelter Intake And Maximize Lifesaving Due to COVID-19
- Emergency Fostering Information – Fostering programs is what the team at Canine Science Collaboratory & Applied Animal Behavior & Welfare Lab at Virginia Tech has been studying for the past year & a half #thankstomaddie. In response to COVID 19, they’re launching a new project on EMERGENCY FOSTERING. With expertise gained from implementing over 60 short-term fostering programs across the country, they’ll help you fast-track an emergency fostering program & better the lives of dogs at your shelter right now! Join now: https://www.lisamgunter.com/
- Petco Foundation Disaster Relief Grants
- Petfinder Grants – COVID-19 Operation Grant – available to adoption organizations that have been negatively impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. Grant funds can be used to purchase cleaning supplies, food, vaccines, or anything else you may need in order to continue caring for your adoptable pets. Grant Amount: Grants range from $500 to $1,000
What is your organization doing about COVID-19?
During this trying time, animals need us more than ever. Is your organization looking for foster homes? Do you have a pet food pantry? How is your organization coping?
MAC would like to compile a list of resources, as well as tips, for shelters/rescues as well as the general public.
Please email us with any needs, tips or links and we will post what we can!